I got a Liebster Award nomination from Karla who I met two years ago on Charley Jang’s Skype class. I saw all these Liebster Award blog entries on my WordPress feed posted by other bloggers that I’m following and I had no idea what this Liebster Award was all about until Karla left a comment on my blog.
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions left by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate five (or more) bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them.
4. Make up questions for those you have nominated.
5. Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
11 Facts About Me
Okay, so you guys probably know by now how much I love anything Korean so I decided to skip the obvious and take this opportunity to let you guys know more about myself.
1. I like to eat with my bare hands when I’m at home.
– I’m Filipino and it’s not uncommon in our country to see people use their bare hands when eating. It’s a whole lot easier to eat with bare hands than with spoon and fork or chopsticks. Some people, especially foreigners, will find this strange but it’s pretty normal here. But of course, I only do that at home when it’s just me and my family who are eating. I don’t do it when we have guests or when I’m outside like in a restaurant or someone else’s home. It’s so unethical.
2. I like to dip banana in soy sauce.
– When I first saw my mom do this, I was totally disgusted but she told me to try it and well, surprisingly I didn’t vomit and it was weird at first but the sweetness of the banana and the saltiness of the soy sauce complimented each other. My mom and I don’t do this when dad is around. We get scolded. Haha!
3. I make sound effects when I tell stories.
– My mom loves to watch the afternoon dramas on TV. But there are times when she’s out and she can’t watch them. So whenever she’s out, she tells me to watch the dramas and tell her all about it when she comes home. I tell her everything, complete with sound effects (*swish*/*kapow*/*tzing*/*toink* etc.) and the dialogue (almost 90% accurate haha!). It’s like she never missed an episode. Haha!
4. I can’t sleep with the lights and the TV off.
– I used to share a room with my sister. We have a TV in our bedroom. My sister used to pull all-nighters very often. She studies while watching TV. I don’t know how she did that but apparently, it worked for her. Since I sleep ahead of her, I slept with the lights and the TV turned on. I can’t sleep when it’s quiet. Too quiet.
5. My Chinese name is 白安莉.
– I think I’ve mentioned this long ago in one of my previous entries. I studied Fookien for a year when I was in high school. My teacher gave me that name. I actually didn’t like it. I was contemplating whether or not I should ask her for a new name. In the end, I didn’t go through with it and just accepted it. But I still don’t like it. 맘에 안 들어. T^T
6. Ube-flavored ice cream is my favorite ice cream.
– Some people loves chocolate ice cream, some people loves vanilla ice cream. But as for me, I love ube ice cream. It just tastes really good. I like other flavors too. I’m not really picky. It’s ice cream. I love ice cream and I’m gonna eat it even if it’s not ube-flavored. Haha!
7. Grocery shopping is my stress-reliever.
– Shopping for clothes, bags, accessories and all that girly stuff only gives me a massive headache that’s why I don’t have that much stuff in my closet. I don’t go out that much so I don’t need a lot of clothes. I hate spending an hour at the department store. But I don’t mind spending an hour or two at the supermarket.
8. I like going to bookstores.
– I don’t read as much as I used to. But I still like to go to bookstores and look around. I never come out of it without buying anything like a pen or a notebook or something.
9. Text me now, expect a reply the next day.
– I’m always on my laptop or ipod so I only check my phone for messages once or twice a day. But I check it more often than usual when I’m expecting an important call or text from someone but that rarely happens because everyone I know contacts me through my SNS accounts. Consider yourself lucky if you got a reply from me within the day. Haha!
10. I feel uncomfortable when someone uses ‘po’ and ‘opo’ when talking to me.
– In Tagalog, ‘Po’ and ‘Opo’ is used when you want to be polite and show respect to the person you’re talking to. People normally use it to someone who is older or when the person they’re talking to is a client or customer. But we use a different dialect here in our city and we don’t usually use ‘po’ and ‘opo’. Instead, we normally show respect by using a calm and pleasant tone. Whenever someone uses ‘po’ and ‘opo’ to me, it’s like that person is building an invisible wall between us or like they’re putting a gap or something.
11. I can’t play any musical instruments.
– My mom made me take up piano and voice lessons back in 2007. But I didn’t really learn much from my instructors. My voice is still horrible. My piano skills is almost non-existent. I got a guitar for a Christmas gift from my mom in 2005. I tried to learn but my brothers didn’t teach me. I know nothing about music theory. I wish I had paid more attention during music class. I wish I could play the violin.
Questions from Karla
1. Would you like to live in Korea? If so, which celebrity you wanna meet? What will you say?
– Yes, of course I do. I actually want to teleport there right this second. Haha! There are so many Korean celebrities I wanna meet. There’s Kim Sun Ah, everyone from YG Entertainment, Infinite members, B.A.P members etc. There’s just too many, it’s hard to pick just one. I’ll thank them for making my life wonderful.
2. Do you have a mannerism? What is it?
– I… don’t have any. I guess. Haha!
3. What is an ideal day for you?
– I don’t really know. I just want a commotion-free day.
4. If you could meet a person in the past who will it be?
– I can’t think of someone right now. *thinks*
5. What is your favorite subject in school and why?
– Math and Science. I love Math because I like the feeling of being able to solve equations and problems. Pretty much the same feeling I get when I solve a jigsaw puzzle. I love Science because I love all the experimenting and discovering things.
6. What is the most exhilarating thing you’ve done when you were young?
– When I was young? But I still AM young. Hahaha! When I was 13, I went out of town for one afternoon with my classmate without my parent’s consent. We almost missed the bus home. I also used to go out on a drive with my classmates at that time. The driver? Our 13 year-old classmate who had no driver’s license.
7. What is something you can’t live without?
– Internet. I just can’t live without it.
8. What is the recent Korean word/phrase which seems to be running through your mind?
– 음악이 있는 곳에 내가 있어. Lee Hi’s Turn It Up.
My Questions for the Nominees
1. If you win the lottery, what would be the first thing that you would buy with the prize money?
2. What are the top 5 countries that you’d like to go to for vacation?
3. Are you a lefty or a righty?
4. What instruments do you play? If you don’t play any, then what is the instrument that you wish to learn how to play?
5. What are the top 5 most played songs on your playlist?
6. What’s your dream job?
Blogs I Nominate
1. Say Seoul!
4. Orange Kissu
You guys can participate too if you want. Blog about it, post a link in the comments below because I’d love to read more about you guys. ^^